By I. Gordon
Read or Download Controlled Reprod. in Farm Animals [Vol. 1 - Cattle, Buffaloes] PDF
Similar animals books
Well known between either adults and kids, 'The tale of the Little Mole' follows the search of a mole as he attempts to determine who "did their enterprise" on his head. "Quite easily the funniest booklet you're ever more likely to learn (as lengthy as you're not simply indignant that's! ). excellent for kids after all, but when you're caught for present principles for the adults on your existence you'll have to glance no extra.
Rabies is the deadliest zoonotic illness that threatens people and animals on all continents other than Antarctica. Asia and Africa are worst affected as greater than ninety five in step with cent of rabies linked human deaths happen in those areas. India by myself bears approximately 36 in line with cent of the worldwide human rabies burden. canine are the most transmitters of rabies that in all probability threaten over three billion humans in Asia and Africa.
The ability and sweetness of the sea is as robust at the present time as ever, with new expeditions to its depths, and new discoveries underneath melting ice, in constructing reefs, and on seashores world wide. To rejoice, we're liberating a moment version of Ocean, with the most recent clinical examine, insurance of significant occasions like Superstorm Sandy and the Fukushima tsunami, and new pix and photographs.
Those titles have content material dependent upon and supplementing the teachings approximately God's production which are discovered at the Nature of God DVD assortment through Peter Schriemer. those titles, with proof and pictures of Hawaii and the nice Lakes habitats and creatures will improve the teachings taught by way of Schriemer or can stand on my own as informational and enjoyable assets for younger readers and their households.
- Alternative Life-History Styles of Animals
- The covenant of the wild: why animals chose domestication ; with a new preface
- Hounded To Death (Melanie Travis Mysteries)
- Mouse as a Model Organism: From Animals to Cells
- A Field Guide to Birds of the Desert Southwest
- Laboratory Animal Law: Legal Control of the Use of Animals in Research, Second Edition
Extra resources for Controlled Reprod. in Farm Animals [Vol. 1 - Cattle, Buffaloes]
1. Fertilizationand embryo survival rates on different days after artificial insemination in beef heifers. ) Days after insemination No. of heifers inseminated No. of heifers with embryos (“’0) Fertilization rate (%) No. 05). rates have varied from 83% to loo%, with an overall mean of 90%. In Ireland, workers recorded a fertilization rate of 90% in heifers, using AI with frozenthawed semen (Diskin and Sreenan, 1980). The same workers concluded that fertilization failure accounts for only about 10% of the overall reproductive failure in heifers whereas embryo deaths account for more than 30%.
At the blastocyst stage, true growth commences with rapid cell division and differentiation. , 1995). Even in normal healthy cattle, some proportion of embryos (25% or more) which have passed through the fallopian tubes into the uterus fail to continue development, generally during the first 3 weeks of pregnancy. Embryonic mortality has long been recognized as a major source ofloss in breeding cows and numerous studies have reported on it. As described by Sreenan and Diskin (1994) ,the fertilization rate after the cow has been bred can be taken at about 90% whereas the average calving rate to a single service may be only 55%.
T h e main protein involved was initially termed bovine trophoblast protein-1 , but is now known as bovine trophoblast interferon tau (bIFNT) which has high amino acid sequence homology with a-interferon. At the time of their discovery in 1957, the term interferon (IFN) was used in referring to certain molecules produced by cells in response to a viral infection. g. bIFNz) are involved in the regulation of pregnancy.