By Mark Lewis
Master complicated troubleshooting thoughts for IPSec, MPLS Layer-3, MPLS Layer-2 (AToM), L2TPv3, L2TPv2, PPTP, and L2F VPNs
- Learn the step by step, end-to-end technique crucial for troubleshooting digital inner most networks (VPNs)
- Gain the in-depth wisdom valuable for quick and effective troubleshooting of IPSec, MPLS Layer-3, MPLS Layer-2 (AToM), L2TPv3, L2TPv2, PPTP, and L2F VPNs
- Master complex troubleshooting instruments and methods for all acceptable VPN types
- Debug and connect IPSec site-to-site and distant entry VPN matters, akin to IKE (ISAKMP) section 1 and section 2 negotiation failure, ESP and AH site visitors drops, certificates enrollment mess ups, and greatest transmission unit (MTU) problems
- Locate and unravel MPLS Layer-3 VPN difficulties, resembling these concerning course alternate and label switched direction (LSP) failure, MPLS VPN over site visitors engineering tunnels, and Multicast VPNs (MVPN)
- Discover recommendations for concerns in AToM and L2TPv3-based Layer-2 VPNs, together with pseudowire setup mess ups, attachment circuit difficulties, and MTU issues
- Obtain solutions for L2TPv2, PPTP, and L2F regulate connection institution, consultation setup, PPP negotiation, and VPN functionality concerns
- Refer to especially designed flowcharts to spot matters and locate strategies quickly
- Consolidate VPN troubleshooting wisdom via bonus hands-on labs
- Read and comprehend exact research of all suitable VPN convey and debug command output
Troubleshooting digital deepest Networks offers a scientific troubleshooting technique for community engineers, directors, and designers tasked with handling and deploying Cisco IOS VPNs. With 8 self-contained chapters designed to facilitate speedy and simple troubleshooting, this booklet presents targeted details on addressing all universal and not-so-common matters with IPSec VPNs, MPLS Layer-3 VPNs, Any delivery over MPLS (AToM)-based Layer-2 VPNs, L2TP model three (L2TPv3)-based Layer-2 VPNs, L2TP model 2 (L2TPv2) VPNs, PPTP VPNs, and L2F VPNs. This publication not just indicates you the way to right difficulties but additionally easy methods to steer clear of them within the first position with specialist VPN configuration counsel and optimization tips.
Each bankruptcy in Troubleshooting digital inner most Networks features a step by step, end-to-end troubleshooting method of a distinct VPN know-how. In-depth technical discussions and configuration stories orient you to the VPN know-how and get you prepared to paintings. that will help you entry the solutions you wish, you can find flowcharts in each one bankruptcy that supply a roadmap for fast factor answer. strategies to complicated or strange matters are available in case reviews on the finish of every bankruptcy, besides overview questions that try out your wisdom. Bonus troubleshooting labs also are integrated that can assist you consolidate the talents realized in the course of the book.
Whether you're looking to replace or hone your abilities, Troubleshooting digital deepest Networks is your first and final reference for getting to know complicated VPN troubleshooting.
This booklet is a part of the Networking expertise sequence from Cisco Press¿ which bargains networking pros invaluable info for developing effective networks, knowing new applied sciences, and development profitable careers.
Read or Download Troubleshooting Virtual Private Networks PDF
Best certification books
Sooner than you cross take the try out you must learn not less than a number of books getting ready you for it. chances are you'll even are looking to examine one of many video displays which are first-class for supplying you with an total view. then you definitely wish this booklet. because the identify says, it is a fast reference. It has major makes use of. First, it's a stable ultimate guidance for taking the attempt.
The second one version of IPv6: concept, Protocol, and perform publications readers via implemetation and deployment of IPv6. the idea part takes an in depth, independent examine why a lot effort and time has been expended on revising IPv4. within the Protocol part is a complete overview of the specifics of IPv6 and similar protocols.
Move your CCNA examination and strengthen your occupation — heres simply what you would like! The call for for Cisco qualified community affiliates is up, so upward thrust to the problem and get your certification! This consultant covers the entire belongings you want to know, or even is helping get you in test-taking mode with lots of perform questions about the CD.
The single licensed Lab handbook for Cisco Networking Academy's new CCNP TSHOOT: Troubleshooting and holding IP Networks, V. 6 (642-832) a transportable, sure reproduction of all 12 CCNP V 6. x TSHOOT Labs: handy light-weight and pleasant permits scholars to check or stroll via hands-on labs with out a large textbook or dwell net connection includes extra pages among labs for in-class note-taking Separate resolution key to be had at Cisco Academy Connection and the PearsonHighered.
- CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide (640-801)
- Traffic Analysis and Design of Wireless IP Networks
- Next Generation Network Services: Technologies & Strategies
- Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Configuration Practice Labs
- Signaling in Telecommunication Networks (Wiley Series in Telecommunications and Signal Processing)
Extra resources for Troubleshooting Virtual Private Networks
To do this, it sends another L2F_OPEN message. Figure 2-14 shows the session setup L2F_OPEN sent by the NAS. Figure 2-14. Session Setup L2F_OPEN Sent by the NAS The L2F_OPEN message header takes the following form: • The Protocol field contains the value 0x01 (because this is still a tunnel management message). • The Sequence number field is set to the value 2 (this is the next in the sequence). • The MID field is set to 1. • The CLID is set to 38. • The Key is set to the value Hash2. The payload contains the message type (option) L2F_OPEN.
30 Notice that a checksum is omitted in this example. The receiving Home Gateway first confirms that the incoming L2F_CONF message is from a recognized NAS. If it is, the Home Gateway takes the random number specified in L2F_CONF_CHAL (call it Random1) and the tunnel secret (password) corresponding to the NAS's name (specified in L2F_CONF_NAME suboption) and performs a hash. The password corresponding to the NAS's name is stored either locally on the Home Gateway (username nas_name password password) or on an authentication server (for example, a Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service [RADIUS] server).
At the same time, any DNS and WINS (NetBios Name) server addresses can be configured. 59. When a remote client connects to the Home Gateway, an IP address is assigned to the client from PERRIS_POOL. At the same time, the DNS and WINS server addresses are provided to the client. Example 2-11 shows a sample configuration for the Home Gateway. Example 2-11. Sample Configuration for the L2F Home Gateway [View full width] Building configuration... Current configuration : 1714 bytes ! 1 service timestamps debug datetime msec localtime show-timezone service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone service password-encryption !